Protect You Property from the Threat of Water
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. Here are some water damage response tips for clean water situations.
- Shut off the water source if possible, and if it can be done safely.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Do not put cushion covers in the washing machine.
- Place aluminum foil or wooden blocks under furniture legs.
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature.
- Remove oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.
Don’t forget to call SERVPRO for any questions or if you need assistance. There are things you can do to prevent further damage, but we are here for the full scope of work when you need us!