What happens to your belongings after a storm?
Storm and water damage not only affects a home structure, but also the contents within the home. Whether it’s just furniture, or precious photographs and important documents, SERVPRO of Broome, Tompkins & Tioga Counties and SEVRPRO of Elmira/Chemung County & Watkins Glen/Schuyler County can help you restore all your contents to preloss condition. We offer five different methods of cleaning your contents:
- Dry Cleaning – This method is used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning – This is an effective cleaning method used for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray & Wipe – Effective for items that cannot withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning – Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning – Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning – The soiled contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help insure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO can save a great deal and minimized additional damage. Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, there are five options for the restoration of documents.
- Air Drying
- Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Call SERVPRO of Broome, Tompkins & Tioga Counties and SERVPRO of Elmira/Chemung County & Watkins Glen/Schuyler County at 607-722-2262 to learn more about how we can help restore your items and documents.