Keep Fall Fire Free!
This Fall be aware and fire concious of everyday hazards, even of decorations!
Follow these tips to help ensure you stay safe and fire-free:
- Keep fall decorations like dried flowers & cornstalks away from any heat source and open flame.
- Keep emergency exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks an escape route.
- Teach Children to stay away from open flames. Be sre they know how to stop, drop and roll if clothing catches fire.
- Remember safety first when choosing a Halloween costume. Consider avoiding billowing fabric.
- It is safest to use a flashlight or battery operated candle in a Jack-O-Lantern. If using a candle place it away from anything that can burn and out of the way doorsteps, walkways and yards.
Facts provided by nfpa.org