Winter Weather: Storm Prep
Can we really prepare our businesses for Winter Storms?
Yes! Here are some tips of what can be done in advance of a storm in order to protect your property and liabilities.
- Check for down tree limbs and branches around your property. Weather such as wind, heavy rain, snow and ice can cause branches to fall which could potentially cause damage to the property and even potentially cause personal injuries.
- Check walkways and parking lots around property for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Install mats or non slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present. Inspect handrails, stairwell and entry ways to address and correct potential slipper or hazardous areas.
Call on your local SERVPRO today about starting a free Emergency Ready Profile for your commercial business. We are here to help.
Our Customers are Important to Us!
We truly value our customers and their experience with SERVPRO of Broome, Tompkins & Tioga Counties.
We encourage our clients to provide us the best feedback they can, good or bad! If there is an area where we can improve, we want to know about it.
Feedback can be given through a facebook review, google plus, yelp, or simply just picking up the phone and giving us a call! We want to know.
Although you may have been referred to us during a water, fire or storm emergency, we can be your go-to vendor for any future needs you may have. It is tough finding the right company to provide services in your home or business, so call a company you can trust.
All employees are background screened prior to employment and on an annual basis. Our Staff is uniformed, highly trained, professional, and right in your community.
So how did we do? If we have visited your home or business, give us a review us today!
Holiday Decorating Safety
Keep your holiday season free of fire damage!
Be safe this season! Holiday lights and decorations are festive and raise the holiday spirit, but if they are not used properly they can wreak havoc on your holidays! The U.S. Fire Administration says that one of every three home Christmas tree fire is caused by electrical problems. Although these fires may not be as common they are more likely to be serious.
Here are a couple things to keep in mind from the American Red Cross while you are getting your home or business festive!
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving the property or going to bed
- Place Christmas Trees, and other holiday decorations at least 3 feet away from heat sources- fire places, portable heaters, and other heat vents.
- Make sure that light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords.
If fire or smoke damages your property, call in a professional to assist in the clean up! We will walk you through our fire restoration process and make it "Like it never even happened."
Winter is here! SERVPRO tips to keep windows dry.
Keep your windows frost free
Most winters in Upstate NY are dreadful by the time Halloween rolls around, but the fall and winter of 2019 gave us a little more warmth, and most importantly, more time to enjoy outdoor activities!
Unfortunately for us upstaters, perfect fall days can't last forever. The past few weeks have brought some below freezing temps which leave our hands, homes and offices cold and our windows covered with frost.
So finally with those cold temps we saw some snow flurries! That snow may be pretty and hey, some people even enjoy the winter cold but it can also come with damages that you might not even consider.
So keep this in mind while you're admiring the frost from the inside your cozy bedroom, window frost while sometimes beautiful, can also be damaging and surprisingly enough can even cause mold in your home or office. So follow these tips to keep your windows warm and dry..'
#1 Use a dehumidifier inside your home to keep the moisture out.
#2 Seal any gaps or cracks in your windows.
#3 And most importantly, heat your homes/offices properly!
So keep these tips in mind when it starts flurrying this winter season! Stay warm for the rest of 2019 and in the New Year!
Helping families this Thanksgiving
Loading up the turkeys
SERVPRO of Broome, Tompkins & Tioga Counties was able to help the Broome County Catholic Charities Thanks 4 Giving 2019 Turkey Drive by donating 110 Turkeys to reach their goal of feeding 3,500 families this Thanksgiving.
Each year our company donates to several organizations in the area, with a particular interest in bettering the lives of families and children in our area.
“To do more for the world, than the world has done for you – that is success.”- Henry Ford.
As a special "Thank You" to all of our hard working employees and their families this holiday, extra turkey's were purchased for each employee to take home. We wouldn't be where we are today without the dedication of our staff.
Wishing all the families of the Greater Binghamton and surrounding areas a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
SERVPRO Large Loss Division
Large Loss Damage
Did you know? Your very own SERVPRO of Broome, Tompkins & Tioga Counties is the Large Loss response team for all of Upstate, Central and Western, NY?! Our certified Large Loss Team will respond to any location within Upstate NY when called! Learn more about how our team handles a large loss! Our elite Large Loss specialists are qualified with the following certifications:
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- OSHA - Other Training
- IICRC Certified Firm
- SRT - IICRC Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- WRT- IICRC Water Damage Restoration
- CCT – IICRC Carpet Cleaning Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- MOLD: Abatement Worker Training
- ECTP – SERVPRO Employee Certification Training Program
- SERVPRO - Fire, Water, Carpet & Upholstery Certified
- HAAG – Roofing Training Certification
- Successful Subrogation I & II
In addition, every large loss is supervised by a commercial operations manager to help ensure seamless communication and timely mitigation. At SERVPRO, the difference is our ability to dispatch trained production professionals and cut costs through the strategic placement and oversight of temporary labor.
Want to know if you qualify as a commercial large loss? See the list!
-Property Management Facilities
-All Commercial & Industrial Facilities
Any time of day or night the SERVPRO of Broome, Tompkins & Tioga Counties fleet is ready to take off! So give us a call at 607-722-2262.
Did you know we can restore damaged documents?
It can be overwhelming when unexpected fire or water damage affects your school, business, home, or facility. It is important to first make sure everyone is safe when a disaster happens. Once safety is insured and the damage is done….it’s time to assess and work towards restoring the property.
When it comes to assessing damage, some of the most valuable items may just be documents, photos, or books. These items aren’t always lost, we can help. Document Restoration is another service our TEAM can provide.
The SERVPRO® Document Restoration Facility Offers:
- Innovation: we use the latest vacuum freeze-drying method, as well as gamma irradiation technology for sterilizing
- Secure: managed by HIPPA Master-certified technicians, under 24/7 surveillance
- Digital: we use a computerized inventory system for digitizing your documents
- Flexible capacity - we can accommodate large commercial losses or small residential jobs
- Full Service: we offer a range of services including drying, cleaning/disinfecting, re-jacketing, digitizing, and deodorization
If you or your facility is in need of Document restoration services please contact us today and we would be happy to help you restore your valuable documents.
Commercial Post Construction Cleanup
Post Construction Cleanup
Structural integrity, materials, labor, safety, customer satisfaction and deadlines- the list goes on and on when building a commercial facility. However, the bottom line is this- Property Managers and Construction Developers are responsible for getting the doors open on time.
Our team can help meet deadlines by providing thorough post-construction cleanup services in a timely manner. These services include:
- Post-Construction Cleaning
- Dehumidification and Drying
- Final Cleaning
- Fast-Track Drying
- Emergency Response Restoration and Cleanup Services
If an emergency occurs, the newly installed sprinkler system goes off, or pipe bursts, our TEAM will work with you and your TEAM to get you back on track. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
Even when it's not an emergency, we can help. We can schedule a free estimate and answer any questions you may have about concerns with your property.
Flood Safety-Protecting your family
Flood Safety Tips
Be Ready for Whatever Happens! Prepare before a flood hits and start by Protecting Your Family with these tips from the American Red Cross.
- Talk with your family about what to do if a flood watch or warning is issued. Discussing floods ahead of time helps reduce fear, especially for younger children.
- Make sure you have access to NOAA radio broadcasts:
- Find out if you are located in a floodplain, which is considered a Special Flood Hazard Area. If so, you are still eligible for flood insurance. Check with your city or county government (start with the Building or Planning Department) to review the Flood Insurance Rate Maps, published by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Find out if local streams or rivers flood easily.
- Keep insurance policies, documents, and other valuables in a safe-deposit box. You may need quick, easy access to these documents. Keep them in a safe place less likely to be damaged during a flood. Take pictures on a phone and keep copies of important documents and files on a flashdrive that you can carry with you on your house or car keys.
SERVPRO of Broome, Tompkins & Tioga Counties is ready to assist you and your loved ones, anytime day and night. If your home or business experiences damage during a storm situation our team is qualified and ready to help!
Stay prepared by reading more tips below.
SERVPRO Storm Response
Storm Response available 24/7
When it comes to fire & water damage, or specialty cleanup needs, your local SERVPRO team should be the first that comes to mind. Our TEAMS work endlessly to make sure our customers are happy, and have one objective in the aftermath of disaster, to make their loss Like it never even happened.
No matter the job or the size, our SERVPRO teams are ready to handle any size loss. With 1,700+ franchises nationwide, we have access to numerous highly trained personnel and thousands of pieces of equipment. Our SERVPRO Disaster Recovery teams are strategically placed throughout the country to respond when needed. Our Teams have a proven track record for success, assisting with cleanup of floods, tornadoes, wildfires, and damage caused from frigid temperatures.
Whether it’s a major storm event, or a faulty appliance, we will be there with one call. 607-722-2262.